Small stocking Christmas ornament: 6" high x 5" wide. The fabric and lace are from the original 1958 wedding dress, the vintage buttons are from an estate sale.
Large Christmas stocking: 16" high x 10" wide. The fabric, lace, covered buttons and even the hanging loop are all from the original wedding dress. The hanging loop was at the bottom of the back of the dress; the bride scooped up her train and held it to the side with this loop.
Ring bearer's pillow: 16" high x 16" wide, including ruffle. The fabric and lace are from the original wedding dress. The ribbons & silk flowers are new.
Bridal purse/evening bag, stiff envelope style: 12 " high x 16" wide. The fabric and lace are from the original wedding dress. The silky cord handle and button closure are new.
Bridal purse/evening bag, soft quilt-batted style: 8" diameter. The fabric, lace and covered button closure are all from the original wedding dress. The silky cord handle is new.
Boy's christening outfit, newborn size: The fabric is from the original wedding dress. The buttons are from a separate, vintage 1970s wedding dress.
Christening cap, newborn size: This matching cap was made from the same wedding dress material as the outfit above.
- These are just a few ideas for things that can be made from a vintage wedding dress.
- All of the items on this page are from one 1958 wedding dress, made of exquisite heavy satin charmeuse and Alencon lace.
- This dress was in almost perfect condition (a few very small spots or small tears in the lace, which I was able to work around).
- I provide a letter of provenance with each item, tracing the history of the original dress and the significance of the gift, ensuring that the dress' story is told for future generations.
- Please visit my Contacts Page to learn more.