The ring bearer's pillow above was made from a Grandmother's wedding dress and given to her granddaughter as a wedding present to use in the granddaughter's wedding.
- These decorator pillows are my own unique designs combining vintage trims and new fabrics of your choosing or mine. One of my favorite fabrics to use is Dupioni silk, for its beautiful color and texture. The envelope flaps and lace appliques are made from antique linen dresser scarves with hand crocheted edging, or hand-tatted table runners and doilies made by someone in your family, or from my own collection. The laces pictured were made by hand in the 1920s.
- The lace is sewn on by hand, and then the fabrics are backed with muslin to add strength and stability to the delicate trims. I use a pillow form with a feather/down mixture for its easily-identified fluffiness. (I can also use synthetic pillow forms if there are allergy considerations.)
- These pillows look lovely on a sofa, chair or bed - anyplace you'd like to have just that special touch. What a beautiful reminder of the woman who so lovingly embroidered or tatted the original piece!
- Pillows make beautiful gifts for all occasions, such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, Christmas, or any time you want to make someone feel very special.
- It takes many hours to design and create one of my pillows; each one is an individual work of art. I truly enjoy making these and I hope that you will also enjoy them!
- Please scroll down to see more of my beautiful pilows.